DONE FOR 2014
3 lbs each of Fresh Bing, Lapin and Sweetheart Cherries for a total of 9 pounds.
Shipped starts late June or early July, and continues over three to four weeks, when each cherry variety is harvested.
* PRICE INCLUDES EXPEDITED SHIPPING* (On cherry-only orders, we will remove any separate shipping charges if they appear on the final order.)
PLEASE NOTE - EACH OF THESE BOXES OF SWEET, DARK CHERRIES WILL BE SHIPPED SOON AFTER THEY ARE PICKED. WE ESTIMATE THAT THE SHIP DATE TO BE FRIST WEEK OF JULY (for Bings), SECOND WEEK OF JULY (for Lapins), and THIRD WEEK FO JULY (for Sweethearts), 2013. THIS IS A SEASONAL ITEM, AVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY!
Orders for the Season of Cherries will be accepted through July 1st. 2014
Can't decide which variety of sweet, dark cherry to order? You don't have to choose - buy an entire Season and get all three!
As the different cherry varieties ripen throughout July, you'll receive five pounds of Bing cherries, five pounds of Lapin cherries, and five pounds of Sweetheart cherries -- each harvested and sent approximately one week apart, and each at their very best.
In July, Washington-grown cherries are also available in local grocery stores, and looking mighty good too. So every year, we buy some -- just to check out the competition. And every year, we are happy to report that our cherries -- direct from the orchard at Batch's Best Family Farms -- are just better. They're bigger, juicier, crisper and more flavorful. And now, you can share in Washington's bounty - by ordering all three varieties.
Washington produces some of the finest cherries, apples and pears in the world, but most of that fruit is picked before it is perfectly ripe, because it needs to travel by truck or train across the country to reach your supermarket.
about Batch's Best Family Farms:
Batch's Best Family Farm's cherry orchards graces the high plateau of eastern Washington. There, Tom Batch allows his cherries to ripen on the tree rather than en route to the store. Tom's family then hand-picks each piece of fruit, after which they are individually checked for size, color, firmness, and even to make sure they have a stem, before they are boxed and shipped to us. Then we check them again before we ship them to you. This means every cherry is, well, cherry-picked from all the rest!
Order today to make sure you receive your fruit the way nature intended it to be eaten! Once you have tried our hand-picked, tree-ripened cherries, you'll see why we think they are so exceptional.
Important Shipping Information:
* Please plan to be available on delivery day, so that your cherries don't have to sit outside in hot weather. A UPS notification will be emailed to billing email address the day the cherries are shipped. Additionally, we try to keep the cherry page updated with the latest shipping information.
* Price including shipping within the Continental US only. Call us (800.596.0885) is you need to know what the additional shipping charges are to Alaska or Hawaii. We are unable to ship fresh fruit to international destinations.
* If your order includes both fresh cherries and other items, the cherries will ship separately and you will be charged our regular ground or expedited shipping for the non-perishable items.
* Our cherries are ripe and ready to eat right out of their box. However, we recommend removing the plastic bag of cherries from their foil liner, and chilling the fruit in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours before eating. This helps them crisp up after their journey. The cherries will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week. It's also always a good idea to wash all fruit before eating it.
For Gift Orders:
During the holiday season, PDF Fruit Certificates as emailed to purchaser within 24-48 hours of ordering. the certificate indicates to whom the cherries are being sent, as well as who the gift is from. If there is not a separate ship-to name and address, the "to" section of the certificate will be left blank, so that you can fill it out however you wish. If you need us to mail a physical certificate to the gift recipient, please let us know.