Ingredients for Chocolate Syrup Sauce
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup Golden Bakers Sugar
- this had the right hint of "maple" sugar. White sugar works as well.
1/4 tsp Java Juice Premium Coffee Concentrate
- coffee can make the chocolate syrup sing. This is not essential to the recipe, but adds a nice touch. Makes chocolate more chocolate'y.
1/3 to 1/2 cup Pernigotti Cocoa Powder
- more makes the sauce richer and deeper. If you don't use dark chocolate, 1/2 cup cocoa powder is a good place to start
Big pinch of Trapani Fine Sea Salt
- It's important to use sea salt, iodized salt and kosher salt can add unwanted flavor
1/4 cup Agostoni dark Chocolate
- adding a dark chocolate makes the syrup feel creamier. You can omit it as well, if you want a darker "chocolate" feel.
2 tablespoons unsalted Butter - you can omit this for a dairy free sauce, or you could substitute coconut milk or rice bran oil.
1/2 teaspoon Heilala 2X Vanilla
- remember, if you use a different vanilla extract that is not 2X, you will need to double the amount.