Roasted Chicken with Salsa Verde Recipe
Sauce Verde is a piquant herb sauce traditionally made with parsley. Albert has added a handful of other appropriate herbs for a slight variation. The fruitiness of the Chef’s Pick Organic California Extra Virgin Olive Oil adds a nice rich flavor to the herbs.
This recipes courtesy of Albert and Kim Katz of Katz and Company.
1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed and drained
1 or 2 oil packed anchovies
, rinsed and chopped
2 Anselmo garlic cloves, chopped finely
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
Grated zest from 1 lemon
2 cup fresh parsley leaves
1 cup mixed herbs (basil, arugula, mint, thyme, tarragon or marjoram)
1/3 cup Chef’s Pick Organic California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
6 chicken breasts, boned with skin on
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. To make the sauce, add all ingredients except oil to a food processor. Puree until finely chopped. Slowly add all of the Chef's Pick until smooth. Taste for seasoning.
3. Gently pull up the skin from the meat - do not completely remove - and spread some of the sauce evenly over the breast.
4. Reserve some to top finished dish.
5. Set in a baking dish and brush with a little olive oil. Roast in oven until done, about 20 minutes.
6. Serve with a little more sauce spooned over the top.