Baked Lamb Loin Recipe
This recipe is so simple. Lamb cooks in a snap and allows the lamb to shine. One of the most expensive lamb cuts you can buy, but well worth it if your butcher is willing and knows what they are doing.
2 lamb loins (about 4 pounds)
1/2 cup olive oil
2-3 tablespoons Herbs de Provence
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F)
2. In a heavy, enameled or cast iron dutch oven, coat lamb loins with olive oil, sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper.
3. On the stove-top, sear all four sides over high heat until browned - about 1 minute per side.
4. Place in the pre-heated oven covered until you reach internal temperature of 120-130 degrees (F) - about 5 minutes.
5. Remove from oven before you think it is actually done, and let loins rest for 20-30 minutes to continue to cook. Slice and serve with mint jelly or condiment of choice.
serves 8 to 10