Trofie with Fennel Pollen Pesto Recipe
Trofie with Fennel Pollen Pesto
Fennel pesto is a lot like the more typical basil pesto. Although the addition of fennel pollen gives it a extra boost of flavor and aroma. Delicious.
1 tablespoon fennel seed
1 cup chopped fennel bulb
1 ounce pine nuts or pistachios
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
2 hard-neck garlic cloves
1 teaspoon fennel pollen
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese - freshly grated
sea salt to taste
1 lemon - juiced
more fennel pollen to taste
1 pound trofie pasta
1. Place chopped fennel in hot water and let soak 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Put the pine nuts, parsley, garlic, cheese, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse a few times to grind and combine slightly.
3. Add fennel and fennel pollen to the food processor. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil until the mixture is reduced to a paste and has a spreadable consistency. Add sea salt to taste. Squeeze in a little bit of lemon juice to taste.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente.
5. When the pasta is done, drain and return the pasta to the pot. Stir in the pesto until pasta is lightly coated. Squeeze in a little lemon juice and sprinkle with more fennel pollen to taste.
©1999-2014 ChefShop.com® All Rights Reserved.