Done for 2013
4 pounds of Fresh Early Robin Rainier Cherries (sweet, light cherries)
For delivery in mid-June, 2013
* PRICE INCLUDES EXPEDITED SHIPPING* (We will remove any shipping charges if they appear on the final order.)
PLEASE NOTE - THESE LIGHT-SKINNED, SWEET CHERRIES WILL BE SHIPPED WITHIN 24 to 48 HOURS OF BEING PICKED. WE ESTIMATE THAT THE EARLY ROBIN CHERRIES WILL SHIP THIRD WEEK OF JUNE, 2013 - MOTHER NATURE WILLING. THIS IS A SEASONAL ITEM AVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY. PLACE YOUR ORDER BY 5 PM PST Saturday, JUNE 16, 2013. SUPPLIES LIMITED.
Finally! Customers have been asking us to find an early variety of cherries, because they just can't wait. Introducing fresh, tree-ripened Early Robin Cherries. And now, we are happy to say, we have some. We traveled out to Eastern Washington in June, 2010 to see the cherries on the trees, and found that the cherry season was already under-way. We got to try these Early Robin Cherries, and they tasted AMAZING. Very low acid level -- so they taste extra sweet. And these are an early variety -- so just when you can't wait for the cherry season to start, these come along.
about Early Robin Cherries:
Early Robin Cherries are a early ripening Rainier-like Cherries. They are very low acid, so they taste very sweet. With its characteristic cream-colored flesh, Early Robin Cherries are a new variety, and farmers will not pick them until the sugar brix (a measure of how sweet the cherry is) reach 17. But, some wait until they reach 20 brix. That is one of the reason they are so amazingly delicious -- and addictive.
From the family that brings us the most amazingly huge Rainier cherries come this amazing early variety you just won't find in your average grocery store. This year, only a small amount is available. Just can't wait any longer? Order now - before we sell out. Limited quantities available this year.
about Stennes Family Orchards:
The Stennes family has been growing premium certified organic fruit in the foothills of the Cascade Mountain range in Washington State for over 115 years. The healthy soils, clean air and pure water in the Methow and Okanogan valleys have been the Stennes family growing ground since 1894, when Britanus Stennes, a Norwegian immigrant, settled in Washington State after a long and demanding journey by ship, wagon and horseback from his home country.
Britanus homesteaded 160 acres of fertile soil in the flat river bottoms and steep mountainsides of the Methow Valley. Soon after settling, Britanus planted apple trees on his land. That was the beginning of a multi-generational family fruit business. Britanus expanded and operated the orchard until the mid-1930’s, when his oldest son, Kermit, assumed the responsibilities for the fruit orchards. Kermit’s son, Keith, began managing the family fruit business in 1968, and has been responsible for the most recent expansion - including expanding the fruit varieties to include plums, pluots, and cherries - as well as apples.
Important Shipping Information:
* Please plan to be available on delivery day, so that your cherries don't have to sit outside in hot weather. A UPS notification will be emailed to billing email address the day the cherries are shipped. Additionally, we try to keep the cherry page updated with the latest shipping information.
* Price including shipping within the Continental US only. Call us (800.596.0885) is you need to know what the additional shipping charges are to Alaska or Hawaii. We are unable to ship fresh fruit to international destinations.
* If your order includes both fresh cherries and other items, the cherries will ship separately and you will be charged our regular ground or expedited shipping for the non-perishable items.
* Our cherries are ripe and ready to eat right out of their box. However, we recommend removing the plastic bag of cherries from their foil liner, and chilling the fruit in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours before eating. This helps them crisp up after their journey. The cherries will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week. It's also always a good idea to wash all fruit before eating it.
For Gift Orders:
During the holiday season, PDF Fruit Certificates as emailed to purchaser within 24-48 hours of ordering. the certificate indicates to whom the cherries are being sent, as well as who the gift is from. If there is not a separate ship-to name and address, the "to" section of the certificate will be left blank, so that you can fill it out however you wish. If you need us to mail a physical certificate to the gift recipient, please let us know.