Asparagus Risotto Recipe
Asparagus Risotto Recipe Recipe
This is another easy, delicious asparagus recipe that works as a side dish just as well as a main dish. Since this is a showcase for the green spears of spring make sure that you get the freshest asparagus you can.
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, like Desert Miracle from Morocco
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1-1/2 cup of Vialone Nano
1 medium onion, finely minced
1 clove garlic, peeled, smashed, finely minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
5 to 6 cup hot homemade chicken stock
1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, and lower part of stalk peeled, cut on diagonal into 1/4-inch widths
2 tablespoon finely minced flat leaf parsley
1 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano
Salt and pepper to taste
Condiment-style olive oil for drizzling, such as Rock Hill Ranch from the Suisin Valley
1. Heat the olive oil and the butter together over medium heat.
2. Add the "soffrito", the onions and the garlic, and sauté until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the Vialone Nano rice, and sauté another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4 .Add the wine, and cook, stirring, until the liquid has almost completely disappeared.
6. Add stock in 1/4 cup increments, waiting until the level reduces down before adding the next dose.
7. After about 14 minutes, add the asparagus, and 1/4 cup of the stock, continue cooking, and stirring frequently.
8. Cook another 3 to 4 minutes, and taste for doneness: the rice should be slightly al dente, the asparagus should be cooked, but not mushy. The consistency should be saucy, but not soupy, the sauce should cling to the rice, but not be sticky.
9. Add 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Add additional stock if the consistency is too stiff. Stir until the cheese has melted.
10. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining Parmesan cheese, and drizzled with the condiment-style olive oil.
Yield: Serves 4-6
Category: risotto, italian, dinner
Keywords: asparagus, italian, risotto