Pasta with Artichokes, Capers, Tomatoes and Tuna Recipe
Pasta with Artichokes, Capers, Semi-dried Tomatoes and Tuna Recipe
This is a standard around the warehouse. Quick to make and always good. When artichokes are in season -- you can use the fresh hearts.
1 pound pasta -- like penne
1 jar (6-ounce) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered - or 2-3 fresh artichokes hearts (optional)
1/4 cup salted capers, drained, rinsed in cold water and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes - coarsely chopped
2 can (6 ounce each) quality tuna drained and flaked
1/2 cup Sorrento lemon olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. In a 10-quart pot, bring 7 quarts of well salted water to a brisk boil, and stir in the pasta. Cook pasta according to the package to al dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking combine the artichoke hearts (optional), capers, semi-dried tomatoes, and tuna with the lemon olive oil.
3. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse.
4. Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Stir in the reserved pasta water to keep the pasta from sticking to itself.
5. Add in the salsa cruda ingredients and toss. Garnish with chopped parsley leaves.