Pappardelle with Peas & Wild Mushrooms Recipe
Pappardelle w Peas & Wild Mushrooms Recipe
Another mouth-watering favorite adapted from Keith Snow's new cookbook, The Harvest Eating Cookbook. Traditionally made with Pancetta and peas, we made this with wild chanterelle mushrooms the other day -- and it was SO GOOD! If you can't get wild mushrooms, your store-bought brown ones will work fine too.
Adapted from Keith Snow's The Harvest Eating Cookbook, (Running Press, 2009).
1/2 pound pappardelle pasta
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 clove hardneck garlic - minced
2 tablespoons minced shallots
1-1/2 cup whole milk Ricotta cheese
1/2 cup fresh peas - cooked
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon fresh thyme - chopped
1 tablespoon fresh chives - chopped
1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese - grated (plus some for grating)
1. Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Time depends on the pasta.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and shallots and saute for 2 minutes - then add the ricotta cheese and peas.
3. Continue to stir until cheese is melted. Add the cooked pasta, salt and pepper - and mix until well combined.
4. Add half of the herbs and check seasoning.
5. To serve, garnish with remaining herbs, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.