Deviled Dates Recipe
Thanks to Chef Erin Coopey. Always a big hit in the Spanish Tapas Cooking Class. We made them with our own Applewood Smoked Mangalitsa Bacon, Marcona Almonds and Fra'Mani Salametto. So easy and so perfect.
18 Medjool dates
36 Marcona Almonds
or 18 pieces of european-style Chorizo sausage (or Fra'Mani Salametto Piccante)
- cut into 1-inch-long quarter-inch square pieces
6 slices Applewood-smoked Mangalitsa Bacon
, cut crosswise into thirds
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Remove pit. Needle nose pliers work best.
3. Stuff 1 to 2 Marcona almonds, or one piece of Salametto Piccante into each date.
4. Then wrap one piece of bacon around each date and secure bacon with a toothpick.
5. Arrange dates, bacon seam down and 1 inch apart in a shallow baking pan.
6. Bake 10 minutes, then turn dates over with tongs and bake until bacon is crisp, about 10 minutes more.
7. Drain on a paper towel. Serve warm. CAUTION - the dates and their sugar is hot, be sure to cool before eating.