Bacon Jam Stuffed Potato Skins
Bacon Jam Stuffed Potato Skins Recipe
This recipe is courtesy of Skillet Foods. And how can you resist? A perfect combination of two addictive ingredients: Bacon and Potatoes.
3 russet potatoes, scrubbed
8 tablespoons bacon jam
2 tablespoons butter - melted
1 cove hard-neck garlic - minced
3/4 cup cheddar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup rice bran oil - for frying
sour cream for topping
2 tablespoons italian parsley - chopped - for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
2. Bake potatoes on middle rack until fork-tender - about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let it sit until cool enough to handle.
3. Preheat grill to medium heat.
4. Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise, and spoon out the flesh, leaving a half inch shell.
5. Melt butter in saucepan and add minced garlic. Brush potatoes with the butter and garlic mixture. Flip over and butter the bottoms.
6. Place potatoes on grill and cook until crisp, about 4 to 4.5 minutes on each side and remove from grill.
7. Put the rice bran oil in a skillet and pre-heat to medium heat. Coat the onions with the flour and fry in the rice bran oil till crispy golden brown. Gently season with sea salt and pepper.
8. Assembly: spread 1 tablespoon of bacon jam in each potato skin, top with cheddar cheese and put under broiler until bubble and golden brown.
9. Top with sour cream and top with crispy inions and parsley.
makes 6 skins
©1999-2014 ChefShop.com® All Rights Reserved.