Chocolate Sauce - Chocolate Syrup Recipe
Easy, quick, satisfying. In minutes you can make this and it's ready to use. Stores for a day or so, though it is much easier to use when it is still warm. Drizzle or spoon it works well and taste so much better than what you can find "pre-made".
Measure all the ingredients ahead.
In a good saucepan combine water and sugar.
Heat medium low, whisking constantly.
Add the coffee flavor and whisk in.
Add cocoa powder and pinch of salt, whisk to blend
Add the the dark chocolate and then whisking until smooooth
Add the butter if you choose and melt completely, lower the heat to low
Add the vanilla and whisk in
remove from heat and use
Ingredients for Chocolate Syrup Sauce
1/3 cup water
Golden Bakers Sugar
- this had the right hint of "maple" sugar. White sugar works as well.
1/4 tsp Java Juice Premium Coffee Concentrate
- coffee can make the chocolate syrup sing. This is not essential to the recipe, but adds a nice touch. Makes chocolate more chocolate'y.
1/3 to 1/2 cup Pernigotti Cocoa Powder
- more makes the sauce richer and deeper. If you don't use dark chocolate, 1/2 cup cocoa powder is a good place to start
Big pinch of Trapani Fine Sea Salt
- It's important to use sea salt, iodized salt and kosher salt can add unwanted flavor
1/4 cup Agostoni dark Chocolate
- adding a dark chocolate makes the syrup feel creamier. You can omit it as well, if you want a darker "chocolate" feel.
2 tablespoons unsalted Butter - you can omit this for a dairy free sauce, or you could substitute coconut milk or rice bran oil.
1/2 teaspoon Heilala 2X Vanilla
- remember, if you use a different vanilla extract that is not 2X, you will need to double the amount.