Sekihan Sweet Rice and Adzuki Bean Recipe
1. Sort and soak beans overnight in bowl, using 3 times as much water as beans.
2. The next morning, rinse beans thoroughly with cold water using a sieve. Put beans in a sauce pan and cover with two inches of water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until tender - about 30-45 minutes. Drain beans after cooking.
3. To prepare rice, rinse with cool water and drain. In pan, place 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add rice, lower heat to simmer and cover. Do not stir rice or remove lid. Cook until rice is tender and water has evaporated - about 15 - 20 minutes. Turn off heat, and let rice sit for several minutes.
4. In the meantime, place a frying pan on high heat. Place sesame seeds in pan, and stir until toasted. About 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to burn the seeds. Combine sesame seeds with the sea salt, and put mixture in spice grinder.
5. Fluff rice with two forks, add cooked Azuki beans, and gently combine rice and beans.
6. To serve, top with sesame salt to taste.
Category: Side, Snack, Lunch
Keywords: Recipe, Sekihan, Sweet, Rice, Adzuki, Beans