3 pounds of Fresh Bing Cherries (sweet, dark cherries)
* PRICE INCLUDES EXPEDITED SHIPPING* (We will remove any shipping charges if they appear on the final order.)
PLEASE NOTE - THESE SWEET, DARK CHERRIES WILL BE SHIPPED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF BEING PICKED. WE ESTIMATE THAT THIS YEAR'S HARVEST DATE IS LATE DUE TO COOL WEATHER. CURRENTLY SCHEDULE TO SHIP THE LAST WEEK OF JUNE OR THE FIRST WEEK OF JULY, 2013. WE WILL ACCEPT ORDERS THROUGH JUNE 25th. THIS IS A SEASONAL ITEM AVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY! PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER BY JUNE 25th, 2013.
About the Bing Cherry
The Bing cherry was our first foray into fresh, tree-ripened, picked-at-its-peak fruit. In July, 2001, we waited with great anticipation for the arrival our first box of cherries. When we opened that first box, the aroma was enchanting. We immediately dove in and consumed at least half of those cherries, right in the middle of our warehouse.
Over the course of the next few days, we ate our way through the cherries, at home and at work, sharing one or two with customers who happened to be in the store and a few with our UPS drivers.
In July, Washington-grown cherries are widely available in local grocery stores, and they look mighty good. So every year, we buy some - just to check out our competition. And every year, we are happy to report that our cherries - direct from the orchard at Batch Family Farms - are just better. They're bigger, juicier, firmer and more flavorful, and we are thrilled to offer them to you.
Bing Cherries are the most popular variety of sweet cherry. The taste of that mahogany red flesh is a signature summer experience in Washington State. Washington produces some of the finest cherries, apples and pears in the world, but most of that fruit is picked early - before the fruit is actually ripe, because it needs to travel by truck or train across the country to reach your supermarkets.
Bing Cherries are the first of the dark cherries to arrive every year. At ChefShop.com, they are available for just one day a year - the day they are shipped out to you.
Order today to make sure you will receive the fruit the way nature intended it to be eaten - juicy and perfectly ripe. Once you try big, juicy, sweet, tree-ripened Bing Cherries, you'll understand how exceptional they are and why we think they are the very best.
Important Shipping Information:
* Please plan to be available on delivery day, so that your cherries don't have to sit outside in hot weather. A UPS notification will be emailed to billing email address the day the cherries are shipped. Additionally, we try to keep the cherry page updated with the latest shipping information.
* Price including shipping within the Continental US only. Call us (800.596.0885) is you need to know what the additional shipping charges are to Alaska or Hawaii. We are unable to ship fresh fruit to international destinations.
* If your order includes both fresh cherries and other items, the cherries will ship separately and you will be charged our regular ground or expedited shipping for the non-perishable items.
* Our cherries are ripe and ready to eat right out of their box. However, we recommend removing the plastic bag of cherries from their foil liner, and chilling the fruit in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours before eating. This helps them crisp up after their journey. The cherries will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week. It's also always a good idea to wash all fruit before eating it.
For Gift Orders:
During the holiday season, PDF Fruit Certificates as emailed to purchaser within 24-48 hours of ordering. the certificate indicates to whom the cherries are being sent, as well as who the gift is from. If there is not a separate ship-to name and address, the "to" section of the certificate will be left blank, so that you can fill it out however you wish. If you need us to mail a physical certificate to the gift recipient, please let us know.